Rebecca was born in Thibodaux, Louisiana and grew up in both Thibodaux and Franklin, Louisiana. She received a B.A. degree from Loyola University New Orleans in 2010. Rebecca went on to receive her Juris Doctorate degree from Southern University Law Center in 2013, where she graduated with honors in the top ten percent of her class. At Southern University Law Center, she served as the Executive Editor on the Southern University Law Review. While in law school, Rebecca interned with the United States Attorney for the Middle District of Louisiana, Taylor, Porter, Brooks, & Phillips, LLC, and with the Attorney General of Louisiana. Since her admission to the Louisiana Bar in 2013, Rebecca served as law clerk for the Honorable John E. Conery on the Louisiana Third Circuit Court of Appeal.
- J.D., Southern University Law Center, 2013, Magna Cum Laude
- B.A., Loyola University New Orleans, 2010
- Executive Editor, Southern University Law Review, 2012-2013
- Rebecca H. Block, The 1/3: Childhood Obesity in the Twenty-first Century, The National Law Review, Dec. 5, 2012, available at http://www.natlawreview.com/article/13-childhood-obesity-twenty-first-century.
- Rebecca H. Block, Seriously Now, What Gives? Legislation or Custom? The Fate of Forum-Selection Clauses in Louisiana, 39 S.U. L. Rev. 265 (2012).
- Rebecca H. Block & Dena M. Sonbol, Only in Louisiana: Forum-Selection Clauses Void as Against Public Policy, 263 Around B. 10 (Jan. 2012), available at http://www.brba.org/Images/AroundTheBar/jan2012_atb.pdf.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- American Bar Association, 2013-Present
- American Inns of Court, Inn on the Teche, 2013-Present
- Louisiana Bar Association, 2013-Present
- Lafayette Bar Association, Young Lawyers Division, 2013-Present